Monday, February 14, 2011

L.O.V.E.

This picture says it all.

When I was single I did not like Valentines day too much.  When you are single Valentines day makes you feel lonely.  (Blame it on the heart balloons everywhere and to the girls who parade their bouquet of flowers.)

Now, for me Valentines Days is about FAMILY.  After all, love begins at home.

However I do welcome a bouquet of flowers from my beloved any day, Valentines day or not.  In fact the more unexpected it is the better. I got these last week ... I was thrilled!

And speaking of love, this past week I've been glued to the computer reading the online love story between The Pioneer Woman and her husband a.k.a. The Marlboro Man entitled Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.  It is  a beautiful love story.  And her blog, oh goodness! I love it! It's my new addiction.

In celebration of Love day, I am sharing Ree's Steak with Burgundy Mushroom sauce recipe.  It's elegant and tastes absolutely divine.  And did I say mushrooms are my favorite?


Ingredients
4 whole Steaks (sirloin, Ribeye, Etc.)
½ cups Butter
1 pound White Mushrooms, Sliced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
1-½ cup Red Wine: Burgundy, Merlot, Cab, Etc.
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Butter
Fresh Parsley, Minced, To Taste

Preparation Instructions
Heat a large pan and dry saute the mushroom first, just on their own with no added liquid or fat.  Stir often. The mushrooms will squeak and just when you think they are going to burn they will release their water.  Stir so that the mushrooms are coated with their own juice. Keep cooking until it absorbs back the water.

Add the butter, garlic, and green onions and cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are nice and golden. Pour in wine and stir, scraping bottoms of the pan. Allow to cook for several minutes or until liquid is reduced by at least half. At the end, add 1 tablespoon butter and stir into sauce. Add parsley and stir together. Don’t be afraid to splash in a little more wine if needed.

For the Steak:
Remove steak from fridge, allow steak to warm to room temperature. Drizzle olive oil on steak then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.

Heat a skillet over high heat and fry steak to desired doneness (about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, 10 minutes a side for well done), only flip the steak once.  When done, allow the steak to rest about 10 minutes.


Spoon mushroom sauce over the top of the steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...