Chimichurri Pan-Grilled Halibut & Shrimp and Charred Vegetable Rice
Prepare the rice
- Cook 1 cup long-grain white rice according to package directions, using 2 cups chicken stock and 1 tbsp butter.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup thawed frozen whole-kernel corn and 1/2 cup chopped zucchini to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are charred. Stir in 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes and 1/3 cup chopped green onions; sauté 1 minute or until tomatoes almost wilt. Combine vegetable mixture, rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Prepare the Halibut & Shrimp
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
1 lb shrimp, peeled and devained
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan lightly with cooking spray. Drizzle a little olive oil to fish then sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to platter.
- Drizzle olive oil to shrimp then sprinkle with salt, pepper and adobo seasoning. Add shrimp to pan; cook quickly just until the shrimps turn pink.
- Place fish and shrimp over rice mixture. Serve with chimichurri sauce.