Monday, June 20, 2011

Chicken with Whiskey Mushroom Sauce

Two things:

First, have you ever tried boneless skinless chicken thighs?  They are so good! Full of flavor and just as versatile as the chicken breast. Ok so I was never a big fan of the chicken breast in the first pace.  You see, I love a little fat on my meat which breasts just doesn't offer.  Now having boneless skinless chicken thigh as an alternative I may now for good steer clear of the breast.

Second, I have recently discovered another source of recipes for our dinner, Steamy Kitchen.  I feel like a dork not knowing about Jaden Hair's food blog until now.  Her site has so much recipes (not to forget the beautiful pictures), and she got my head spinning on what to make first.  I have a lot of catching up on her recipes.  This week her recipe for Porterhouse caught my eye.  It looked so good!  The only thing is I'm done with steak for now........well at least for a couple of days. Ha!

Then I thought I could try the whiskey sauce in chicken thighs instead.

It's really simple and all you need are the following cast of characters..


ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
adobo seasoning (optional)
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
1/2 onion, sliced
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
4 tablespoons whisky

directions:
1. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper (and some adobo seasoning optional).  Grill chicken on high heat, about 5 minutes on each side.  Set aside.

2. While the chicken rests, make the mushroom sauce. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat with the butter. When the butter starts bubbling, add the onions. When the onions starts to soften, add mushrooms. Stir and cook until mushrooms soften and starts to release its juices.





3. Pour in the chicken broth, mustard, whisky and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. 

Pour over chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...