Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Learning Photography from The Pioneer Woman

I could not come up with better words than how Ree says it:
"I love photography. Whether I’m good or not is not really the point. I just love it as an activity, a discipline, a hobby. I love that there’s always—always something new to learn, something new to try…"

I must say though that Ree does hell of a better photography than I do. Of course she has more money and time to invest in this hobby than I do but that is not an excuse for me stop myself from dreaming that someday I will get to be as good as she is at it. I bought my first micro 4/3 digital SLR back in December and though I lack some major important lenses to take better shots of certain things, I am slowly learning the basics of properly using a digital SLR.

Below are a few links I go to for reference to learn the basics. I just love how Ree explains things clearly as if I am a four year old.

In a nutshell:
  • *Photography is all about light, and properly exposing an image has to do with letting just the right amount of light into the camera.
  • The wider the aperture opening, the more light will enter the camera. 
  • The smaller the aperture opening, the less light will enter the camera.
  • The slower the shutter speed, the more light will enter the camera.
  • The faster the shutter speed, the less light will enter the camera.
  • The higher the ISO setting, the more sensitive your camera will be to light.
  • The lower the ISO setting, the less sensitive your camera will be to light.
  1. Ten Things I've Learned About Food Photography
  2. 8 Tips on Taking Photos of Food
  3. Low Light Solutions and Settings
  4. Shooting in the Gym
  5. What the Heck is An Aperture?
  6. Basic Macro Tips
  7. Tips for Indoor Photos
  8. ISO Setting
  9. Nailing the Exposure
  10. Front vs Back Light
  11. Lenses and Camera Equipments
  12. Lenses
  13. Shooting in RAW
  14. What to do When It is Cloudy
  15. Full Length Shots
  16. Backgrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...