grilled pork tenderloin and perhaps some green salads
equals a perfect summer weekday dinner
but despite my current state i can't help but be excited about summer. it's my favorite season, and to ring it in i present two of my favorite summer recipes. they're a perfect pair.
BALSAMIC GLAZED PEACHES WITH BLEU CHEESE
- in a saucepan, simmer together 1 cup balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, over medium heat until reduced in half. remove from heat and set aside.
- oil grill grate and preheat. cut 4 medium peaches in half and remove seed. place peaches on grill cut side down and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. turn peaches over and brush cut side with the balsamic reduction. cook for another 3 minutes.
- remove peaches from grill and sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top. drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the remaining balsamic reduction.
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
- marinade pork tenderloin in a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, about 2 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper (adjust to taste). let sit for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- sear meat on high heat for about 2 minutes on both sides then lower heat to medium and cook for another 20-25 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes. cook until internal temperature is 160°F.
- let the meat rest before cutting to allow its juices to be redistributed and reabsorbed back into the meat.